This part of the website documents the strategies employed by the Turn off the Red Light (TORL), a campaign.
The strategies outlined include:
- An evidence based campaign – the use of evidence, data and research which underpinned the campaign and its wider strategies.
- Building a broad alliance – the campaign had over 72 members, representing many aspects of Irish Society. The membership gave a ‘guesstimate’ of 1.6 million members.
- Communication Strategy:From the outset Turn off the Red Light was a pro-active campaign, using every opportunity to engage with the media. One of its core members, the Immigrant Council of Ireland, coordinated and implemented the communications strategy.It had a number of core elements which are outlined below:
- Media Liaison strategy
- Social media
- Promotional materials and Advertising
- Arts and the campaign
- Advocacy strategy – in order to ensure political support for the recommended legislative changes, the campaign had a robust strategy to ensure and maintain political engagement/support.
- Collaboration with the arts – the campaign worked with the arts to provide additional supports to the campaign and this strategy is described in the chapter.